Here is a list of things I hope to do before I turn 40. I’ll cross them off as they are completed and update you on my progress. Thanks for following along in this journey!
- Try something new every day
- Climb Mt. Katahdin
- Take a random weekend trip with my family – just pack our bags and drive
- Go whale watching
- Learn to can veggies
Learn to make jelly/preserves Completed on 7/3/2014! Thanks MOM!
- Learn to kayak in fast water
- Write the book that has been on my heart and submit to a publisher
- Run a 10K
- Run a half-marathon
- Make my goal weight of 135
For 30 days – cut out all processed foods Completed on 5/28/14!
- Take dance lessons with my husband
- Learn how to sew
- Learn to make sushi
- Teach the children to prepare a meal from scratch
- Teach my husband to prepare a meal from scratch
Get to know my neighbors better This is going to always be a work in progress, but I am considering it complete. Since we brought our puppy home, we are spending LOTS of time in our yard which makes for lots of time chatting with neighbors out in the yard. We also take daily walks and that has helped, too.
- Take golf lessons
- Learn to fly fish
- Go ice fishing
- Save at least 3 months’ salary
- Take a photography class
- Write a letter to 5 people who have changed my life
- Help someone else achieve their dream
- Be able to do 5 pull-ups
- Start a side business doing something I love
- Memorize scripture
- Do one random act of kindness each week
- Surprise my kids
- Surprise my husband
- Take a new way home from time to time
- Visit New York City with my family and attend a Broadway show
- Read 5 classic novels
- Go 48 hours without technology (computer, iPhone, iPad)
- Give a speech in front of a large group of people
- Volunteer for a cause
Plan a party in someone else’s honor Completed 6/28/2014! My parent’s 40th anniversary was the perfect party to plan.
- Get my Passport and travel out of the country
- Keep a journal